Thursday, April 26, 2012

AWAKENING TO TRUTH


A little glimpse of heaven,
A sudden burst of light,
It lasted but an instant,
But with it came insight.
A greater understanding,
Of what He wished to say,
To me this glorious morning,
At the dawning of the day.

A spark of holy wisdom,

Shot silver through the gray,
My bent toward desire for,
Self-glory stripped away.
Censured by the Spirit,
I was dismayed to see,
How often I have courted praise,
In blatant vanity.

I the wick while He the Fire,
He provides the oil,
His the seed I’m called to scatter,
He prepares the soil.
Nothing mine, all He has given,
His the light I shine,
As I labor in His vineyard,
Forming hearts in His design.

MYRA D’SOUZA / 26TH APRIL 2012




2 comments:

  1. Re your poem- Good one.

    Mira
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem! We need these gentle reminders now and then that what we have and are is only because of HIM!

    Pamy

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers