Thursday, April 5, 2012

DO NOT PASS ME BY


Come O Lord,
Do not pass me by,
You heard and stopped
When Bartimaeus cried,
Hear me too and ask me,
What I wish of You.

But You are God
And You know everything,
You know just what I need,
What is Your will for me?
Must I be crushed,
Tormented in the winepress
Of this suffering?

Grant that I may see,
And if this be Your will,
Then also grant the grace ,
That I will surely need,
To bow and say,
“I will accept Your will for me.”
 Amen.


Myra D'Souza / 5th April 2012

Lamentations 1:20a
“Look, O Lord, for I am in distress;
     my stomach churns;
my heart is wrung within me.”

2 comments:

  1. your poem has left me with mixed feelings
    so many sad thoughts.

    Pamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I was feeling since I woke up this morning and so I had to wring it out of my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers