Thursday, March 8, 2018

MY HEART’S DELIGHT



You O Lord are everything,
My soul could e’er desire,
It’s you I pine for every hour,
Your love sets me on fire.
You satisfy my hunger,
You quench my spirit’s thirst,
Encompass me that I in You,
Be utterly immersed.

Each sunrise at God’s table,
With the Eucharist I’m fed,
I eat the Bread of Angels,
At the Banquet You have spread.
I’ll cleave to You Beloved,
We two will be as one,
The sinner will be wedded,
A spell to God’s own Son.

When eventide will dim the sky,
And nighttide curtains fall,
I’ll ponder every blessing,
As Your mercies I recall.
My eyes will close in slumber,
But my heart awake will stay,
To worship and adore You,
Until the break of day.

 Myra D’Souza, 08, March 2018

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful words Myra! It truly touched my soul! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers