Tuesday, March 20, 2018

MY REFUGE AND DELIGHT Psalm 59 2-4, 7-11, 17-19



 I will sing your praises Lord,
With all my strength and might,
I'll sing too of Your great Love,
My refuge and delight.
In times of grave distress my voice,
To You I’ve always raised,
You came in haste to help me,
You heard each time I prayed.

You commanded with a word,
The raging storms you stilled,
Every promise You have made
You’ve faithfully fulfilled.
My Rock, my Strength, my Stronghold,
On You I can depend,
Bearing me beneath Your wings,
I’ll reach my journey’s end.

-Myra D’Souza, 20, March 2018



O my Strength, I look up to you, for you, O God, are my fortress.
My loving God will come to help me.
But I will sing of your might; in the morning I will sing of your love. For you have been a fortress to me,  a refuge in time of distress. O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my strong­hold; you are a loving God.


1 comment:

  1. Such an uplifting verse in times of despair. The words will resonate in my heart for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers