Wednesday, October 6, 2010

SAFE IN HIS ARMS


Safe in the arms of Jesus,
Serenely silent and still,
Just like a child that is weaned my soul,
Quietly rests in His will.

When troubles arise to assail me,
The storm can fall where it may,
Safe in the arms of Jesus,
I know that I cannot stray.

I call on the Name of Jesus,
When I find I’m lost and alone
Foolishly floundering deep in sin,
I call and He carries me home.

I snuggle closer to Jesus,
When sorrow tears me apart,
He wipes away the tears from my eyes,
And turns my face to His Heart.

Safe in the arms of Jesus,
There’s no place I’d rather be,
His Heart my haven and harbor,
Heaven is Jesus for me.

 
 
Myra D'Souza/6th October 2010

8 comments:

  1. I like this- because it's about the Heart of Jesus!! God Bless! Your ‘critic’ has approved it for publishing!!!

    Mira D'Souza / New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  2. St Paul's books should publish this. Please let me design the book cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, wouldn't I be just thrilled and wouldn't you, most assuredly be the designer? Goes without saying my dimpled darling. Aunty Myra

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read the poem the words of Jesus came to mind " My Peace I leave you, My Peace I give you". That's the perfect gift Jesus can give anybody who asks for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture that accompanied your love-ly poem spoke much to me through your poem.... it was as if the child itself was in expression in the poem....! Why 'as if?' That's right! No 'as if'!

    Ozy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a consoling thought that we can be safe in His arms now and some day eternally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing !!! never read any thing like this before!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers