Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE SPIRIT AND I


 

 A  soft, little  whisper,
A nudge to my soul,
Awake, I get down,
on my knees to the floor.

The Spirit is moving,
Enkindling in me,
A love that will flame,
To a blaze as He breathes.

In the rapt silence,
My  heart swells with praise,
Worship unspoken,
In jubilant phrase.

Aloft like an eagle,
My soul soars on high,
I meet with my God,
On the wings of a sigh.

Communing like Moses
As I face to face,
Encounter my God,
In this Holy Place.

Myra D’Souza / 27th  May 2010



6 comments:

  1. This is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - shows how close the Spirit is with you in your time of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dearest Pamy,

    I know you will agree with me when I say that there is only one thing sweeter than our time of personal prayer with the Lord and that is being privileged to go to Holy Mass each day and receiving Him in the Eucharist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A DEEP DESCRIPTION OF A GOOD PERIOD OF PRAYER,
    BEGINNING WITH THE SPIRIT'S INSPIRED NUDGE TO A MOSES-LIKE UNION WITH GOD!
    STAY DEEP!....ozy sj

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea ma...
    stay deep...
    i like how he makes everything sound cool...u are cool too ma...
    mwah...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers