Thursday, November 1, 2012

QUIET PLEASE!



Zechariah 7:11 But they refused to listen, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.
 

Quiet, please! I do not wish,
To hear a word you say,
The challenge is too daunting,
Too hard the narrow way.

Tell me not of your beliefs,
Reserve your platitudes,
Do not harangue me about,
Christ’s beatitudes.

Speak not about the privilege,
Of calling God your Friend,
To me, faith’s an illusion,
I will not play pretend.

Draw me not into the web,
Of lies and plain deceit,
I know too many Christians,
Who are liars, thieves, and cheats.

The scars of my betrayal,
Run deep, too oft’ deceived,
By those in whom I’ve trusted,
Spare me I won’t believe.

I do not care to be co-heir,
To Christ’s legacy,
It’s much too hard to dwell upon
The Cross and Calvary.

Go away, I want no part,
Of grace that’s given free,
It comes at much too high a price,
Just go and let me be.

Zechariah 7:11 But they refused to listen, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.

Myra D’Souza – 1st November 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers